Groups from states that have been under extended/renewed Level 3 or 4 lockdown during Term 3 are eligible to enter Lockdown Legends. This includes groups from Victoria and vocal, brass and wind groups in NSW. Groups must not have submitted an entry to the main Strike A Chord championship on or before 27 August 2020.
As per Strike A Chord – groups should submit TWO videos: one of group performance, 4-12 minutes, and one introduction video (3 minutes max). See Lockdown Legends Rules and Regulations for details.
Entries Open: October 12
Entries Close: November 5
Finalists announced: November 12
Final Round: December 6, Primrose Potter Salon, Melbourne Recital Centre
First Round Jury: Elizabeth Sellars and Stefan Cassomenos
SIX groups will be selected to progress to the live Final Round
Final Jury: Louise Devenish, David Griffiths, Euan Murdoch, Rosie Turner, Tim Young
1st Prize - $2500
2nd Prize - $1500
3rd Prize - $800
4th-6th Prizes - $200 each
All Lockdown Legends entrants will also be eligible for the following Strike A Chord prizes:
- Melbourne Recital Centre Regional Prize
- Australian National Academy of Music Prize
- Flinders Quartet Mentorship Prize
- Bendigo Chamber Music Festival Prize
- Australian Composition Prize - For the best performance of an Australian work, including compositions by the entrants. $1500 cash
- Casio Prizes - For a group from a school or institution in need of a better piano. Find out how you can win here
- Novice Prize - If every member of your group has been learning their instrument for less than 2 years you may be eligible to win a novice prize. Find out how to enter
Winners of these prizes will be announced at the Lockdown Legends Final, Sunday December 6.