Prepare the game
1. Download the memory card game
2. Print off double sided, an A3 page will work best
3. Cut up all the cards and play!
How to play
1. Mix up all the cards and lay face down, with the Musica Viva drum facing up
2. Taking turns, each player turns over two cards at a time to try and match them
3. If the cards match, the player says the instrument name out loud, then keeps the cards and has another turn. If the cards don’t match, the next person has a go
4. Watch and remember the cards each player has turned over
5. The game is over when all cards are matched up
Other Musica Viva teaching resources
Musica Viva In Schools program - includes a live performance and teaching resources
Each Musica Viva In Schools program includes 10 weeks’ worth of flexible lesson plans, videos and interactive activities available on our online platform. The resources are designed for teachers of any skill level in teaching music. Browse our 2020 performers here.
Quick and fun music ideas
Browse our instructional videos that demonstrate an array of music activities you can implement in your class today! Watch our quick and fun music ideas.
Music classroom resources
Our music classroom resources, Musicassentials, feature a suite of digital resources that take a simple music idea and build a framework around it for a term’s worth of teaching. Access Musicassentials here.
Our student resources, Musicadventures, are an innovative series of digital interactive books that encourage engagement through independent exploration. Access Musicadventures here.