Music Education Skills for the Primary Classroom
This online course is a general introduction to music education in the primary school, aimed at generalist classroom teachers with minimal music teaching experience, looking to build their confidence. The course is supervised and moderated by a course instructor.
With two courses offered, the Australia wide course is aligned with the the music strand of the F-10 The Australian Curriculum: The Arts, while the NSW only course is aligned with the music strand of the K-6 Creative Arts Syllabus.
From this course, participating teachers will:
- Understand the value of music for learning
- Build skills as facilitators of successful music experiences in the classroom
- Plan and implement successful curriculum aligned Music teaching and learning programs
- Reflect on learning from the course in order to improve classroom practice
- Gain 15 hours of PD*
This course addresses the following Australian Professional Standards for Proficient Teachers:
Professional Knowledge - 2.1.2; 2.2.2
Professional Practice - 3.2.2; 3.3.2; 3.4.2; 3.6.2; 5.1.2
Professional Engagement - 6.2.2; 6.3.2; 7.4.2
*Completing the course will contribute 15 hours of NESA Registered PD for teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
If you have any questions please contact:
Misa Yamamoto - Program Executive:
(02) 8394 6654 or [email protected]