An online program offered by Musica Viva In Schools
Please note: this course is available in NSW only, with plans to expand into other states in 2019.
Course delivery dates: 7 June - 24 August
This course is currently SOLD OUT (If you would like to go on the waiting list, please contact [email protected])
Course fee: $240
The course is a general introduction to music education in primary school, aimed at generalist teachers with minimal music teaching experience who are looking to build confidence.
Completing the course will contribute 13 hours of NESA Registered PD for teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
This course addresses the following standards from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW:
2.1.2; 2.2.2; 3.2.2; 3.3.2; 3.4.2; 3.6.2; 5.1.2; 6.2.2; 6.3.2; 7.4.2
The program consists of 5 modules of 2-3 hours in duration:
• Introduction to the course, the value of Music Education, music skills, K-6 Creative Arts Curriculum
• Musical concepts K-6 Creative Arts, pedagogical approaches: practical ideas for the classroom
• How to develop music learning in the classroom: simple to more complex, encouraging creativity
• Linking to other learning: General Capabilities, Cross Curriculum Priorities, use of technology
• Bringing it all together: programming, scope and sequence development, resources in the community
1. Purchase online with a credit card
2. Request tax invoice to school
3. Request tax invoice for NSW Government Schools - LMBR
If this option is selected you must enter a purchase order number in the box below. If you do not have a purchase order number one must be obtained before continuing with this option.
Please note: If you are requesting an invoice, an invoice with the correct amount ($240) will be emailed to you within 3-5 working days.
All places have now been filled. If you missed out in this round, please contact [email protected] to be added to a waitlist. You will be contacted if a place becomes available, or alternately for our next course offering.