WHAT IS MUSICA VIVA IN SCHOOLS?
Musica Viva In Schools has been bringing the very best live music to Australian schools for over 35 years and is one of the leading providers of music education in Australia.
We specialise in bringing the best nationally and internationally acclaimed performers direct to schools: interactive, dynamic and culturally diverse groups that perform a wide variety of musical styles. Our performances give students the opportunity to discover live music, in their own unique way.
Musica Viva In Schools provides life-changing musical experiences and education to over 900 schools and 280,000 Australian students per year, no matter the type of school, location or economic situation. Our program is suitable for foundation to year 8.
WHAT DOES MUSICA VIVA IN SCHOOLS INCLUDE?
• an interactive live performance by some of Australia's best musicians
(Performance duration is 50 mins including question time)
• teaching resources: flexible teaching resources, including up to 10 weeks’ worth of lesson plans
• training: supporting teachers with curriculum aligned digital teaching resources and accredited professional development, delivered on an easy-to-use online platform
• there is nothing like the excitement and power of a live performance
• music is an essential experience for every student
• music speaks to every child, and that every child has their own music to make
• the best place to experience our concerts is in your own school, so we come to you. No buses, no travel, no wasted time!
ACCESS FOR ALL
Musica Viva In Schools is a not-for-profit organisation, giving every child the opportunity to experience the best musicians Australia has to offer. We offer a special subsidy program, which supports schools that may not be able to afford our standard student price. See our pricing page for more information.
HOW DO I BOOK?
Booking is easy, and includes support from our team of education specialists. Book online, or call 1300 663 608.