Music Education Skills for the Primary Classroom
An online program offered by Musica Viva In Schools
Course delivery dates: 17 March to 16 June 2017
Enrolments close: 10 March 2017
Course fee: $225
The course is a general introduction to music education in primary school, aimed at generalist teachers with minimal music teaching experience who are looking to build confidence.
Completing the course will contribute 10 hours of QTC Registered PD for teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
The program consists of 5 modules of 2 hours in duration:
· Introduction to the course, the value of Music Education, music skills – K-6 Creative Arts Curriculum
· Musical concepts K-6 Creative Arts, pedagogical approaches: practical ideas for the classroom
· How to develop music learning in the classroom: simple to more complex, encouraging creativity
· Linking to other learning – General Capabilities, Cross Curriculum Priorities, use of technology
· Bringing it all together – programming, scope and sequence development, resources in the community
Places are limited, so enrol now to avoid disappointment.
1. Purchase online with a credit card
2. Request tax invoice to school
3. Request tax invoice for NSW Government Schools - LMBR
If this option is selected you must enter a purchase order number in the box below. If you do not have a purchase order number one must be obtained before continuing with this option.
4. Request tax invoice to individual