WA Administration Coordinator
Reports to: WA State Manager
Location of Job: Perth
Appointment type: Permanent Full Time
Musica Viva’s Mission
Musica Viva (MVA) exists to make Australia a more musical place. We are Australia’s largest presenter of chamber music and a leader in the provision of music education in the classroom. With a national office in Sydney and a presence in every state and territory, we reach approximately 360,000 people directly each year through inspiring performances, education activities and digital music resources.
Purpose of position
To provide administrative coordination for all the education and ICS activities of Musica Viva WA under the direction of the WA State Manager as well to provide administrative support regarding strategic partnerships supporting the Strategic Partnerships Manager in the National Office Development Team.
The position reports to the WA State Manager and works closely with the WA State Co-ordinator and the Strategic Partnerships Manager in the National Office in Sydney.
The position is expected to develop and sustain working relationships with external stakeholders and artists in the delivery of the Musica Viva programs in WA. The position also works closely with the Operations Team, Education Department and also with members of the Development Team in the National Office in Sydney.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate operations for WA state branch Musica Viva In Schools (MVIS) activity
o Scheduling of concerts and tours, professional development courses and other MVIS events under the supervision of the WA State Coordinator
o Processing of school bookings and invoicing o Preparing Professional Development Course materials for teachers and providing logistical support to education events.
o Resolving enquiries from schools
• State Branch Administration and Finances o Managing information in the CRM database system
o Managing effective correspondence with WA-based stakeholders, under direction of the WA State Manager or WA State Coordinator
o Assisting with provision of information for reports, funding submissions and grant applications to MVA National office, funding bodies and other stakeholders as required
o Assisting with operational and logistical arrangements for ICS concerts and local events
o Providing information critical to the development and re-forecasting of WA budgets and exercise financial control of the WA budgeted expenditure
o Engaging in scripted telephone sales conversations in order to sell MVIS education packages, renew MVA subscriptions or make donations
o Taking a philanthropic approach to sales, inviting customers to support MVA through donations or other forms of partnerships
• National Strategic Partnerships
o Maintaining key stakeholder relationships with existing corporate partners to ensure the delivery of contracted benefit packages with efficiency and excellence.
o Assisting in the creation of applications, reports and acquittals as required;
o Assisting with relationship management for all current and prospective Trust & Foundation contacts, providing support with ad-hoc requests and ensuring they receive all programme updates where possible and are included in all event invitations.
o Contribute to the maintenance of the corporate database and research files in the CRM (Tessitura).
o Perform relevant and detailed research into prospective strategic partners under the guidance of the Development Team or State Managers.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE OF POSITION HOLDER
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
• Strong organisational skills
• Energetic self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in a flexible team environment
• Demonstrated problem solving and or streamlining skills
• Proven interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service and care
• Experience in advocacy or sales and/or customer facing service role
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail, particularly in data entry and management
• Proficiency in the suite of MS programs
• Flexible, as some out of hours work required
• Well-presented, demonstrating confidence and a passion for the arts and education
• Ability to remain calm under competing deadlines
• Demonstrated specialised knowledge of computerised ticketing and/or customer relationship management (CRM) systems (such as Tessitura) or the demonstrated ability to become highly proficient in a CRM or computerised ticketing system in a short time.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the performing arts industry
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficiency in CRM (Tessitura)
• Demonstrated knowledge of WA education system
• Knowledge of core MVA and MVIS programming highly regarded
• A current WA drivers’ licence
To apply: Send your resume and a letter of application addressing the position requirements to j[email protected]. Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at [email protected].
Please include a detailed covering letter addressing the position requirements, as applications lacking a cover letter may not be considered.
Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse cultural and regional communities. We also welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.