Reports to: Queensland State Manager
Location of Job: Brisbane on Turrbal and Jagera Land
Appointment type: Permanent Part time (0.6FTE 22.5 hours per week)
MUSICA VIVA’S MISSION
Musica Viva inspires through ensemble music of quality, diversity, challenge and joy.
Purpose of Position
To coordinate operational, marketing, stakeholder relationship and administration activities under the direction of the Queensland State Manager.
Reporting and Working Relationships
This position reports to the Queensland State Manager. The position is expected to develop and sustain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of the Musica Viva programs in Queensland with a focus on collaboration and customer service. The role works closely with the Queensland Administration Coordinator, as well as with colleagues in National Office and around the country. The position may occasionally be required to supervise casual staff, interns and volunteers on an as-needs basis.
Key responsibilities (see position description for the full list of duties):
1. Sales, marketing and development
- Assist the Queensland State Manager and national colleagues with the design and implementation of an annual state-based marketing strategy for all Musica Viva programs and activities in Queensland.
- Maintain and develop productive relations with a wide range of Musica Viva stakeholders, in particular schools and teachers as related to MVIS.
- Assist with all aspects of concert operations as required, including coordinating artist travel in Brisbane, delivery of masterclasses, teacher PD, post-concert suppers and other ad hoc events as directed by the Queensland State Manager.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of special projects in Queensland , as directed by the State Manager.
3. Administration and Finances
- In collaboration with the State Administration Coordinator and National Office colleagues, assist with financial administration processes relevant to Musica Viva’s work in Queensland.
- Implementing efficient delivery of all administrative aspects of the MVIS program in Queensland, from booking to post-concert evaluation.
Qualities that will make you successful in this role:
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Abilities
- Commitment to Musica Viva’s mission and vision
- Proven interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service and driving stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge of the Queensland education and arts landscape
- Proven ability to work, in person and remotely, with minimal supervision as part of a productive, flexible and harmonious team environment
- Strong organisational and administration skills • Ability to interpret data and use it to inform planning and process improvement
- Capacity to work flexibly, incorporating out of office hours work where required and occasional interstate and intrastate travel.
- Proficiency in CRM database programs and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Other duties as directed
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Experience working in the education and/or the arts sectors
- Current and full driver’s licence
- Experience with Tessitura CRM
To apply: Send your resume and a letter (maximum 2 pages) introducing yourself and addressing the essential and desirable qualities detailed above to [email protected] Note: In the subject of the email add the following code QLDCO21. Applications not including this code may not be correctly processed. Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at [email protected]
Please include a well written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us. Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion.
We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities. We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Sunday 28 March 21