QLD Administration Coordinator
Reports to: QLD State Manager
Location of job: Brisbane, Meanjin, on Turrbal and Yuggera country
Appointment type: Permanent Part-time (0.6 FTE)
Musica Viva’s Purpose
MusicaViva exists to create and support a vibrant chamber music sector which is accessible to people of all backgrounds across Australia.
Musica Viva’s Vision
An Australia where chamber music thrives and where people of all ages, cultures and communities have access to, and learn to appreciate, the vital role of music in building a stronger, more creative world.
About the role
The position reports to the QLD State Manager and works closely with the QLD State Coordinator.The team are the face of MusicaViva in Queensland and this position is expected to develop and sustain working relationships with stakeholders including teachers, subscribers, donors and artists in the delivery of Musica Viva programs in Queensland.
The team also works in consultation with the Marketing, Concerts, Education, Financeand Developmentteamsin the national office and this role plays a vital role in buildingand maintaining productive andtrustedprofessional relationships with individuals from those teams.
The Qld Administration Coordinator provides a wide range of administrative support across Musica Viva’s activity in Queensland under the direction of the QLD State Manager. The key areas of responsibilityfor this role are as follows:
- Provide reliable logistical and operational support for Musica Viva concerts in Queensland, including venue setup, staffing the ticket desk and providing a professional presence consistent with the Musica Viva brand
- Coordinate concert invitations and managing RSVPs
- Update the company’s CRM (Tessitura) with relevant information regarding QLD concert patrons and stakeholders. Note: full training in Tessitura is provided
- Communicate with schools via phone and email to provide excellent customer service and to support the achievement of state sales targets for Musica Viva in Schools education programs
- Process school bookings in Tessitura and assisting with invoice processing and payment
- Provide general administration support for the QLD office
- Assist with event coordination
- Collate data for budget reporting and funding acquittals, including good news stories and customer feedback
Key criteria for success
We believe that the following qualities will make you successful in this role:
- Well-presented, demonstrating confidence and a commitment to Musica Viva’s vision
- Proven interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service and care
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Organised, with an excellent eye for detail and the ability to prioritise calmly and effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, with an ability to maintain existing processes and systems and identify opportunities for improvement
- Flexible, as some out of hours work is required
- Enthusiasm for working to a high standard in a support role as part of a close-knit team
- Proficiency in CRM programs (Tessitura or similar), but training will be provided
- A current QLD driver’s licence
- Familiarity with the Queensland arts environment
To apply: Send your resume and a letter (maximum 2 pages) introducing yourself and addressing the essential and desirable qualities detailed above to [email protected].
Note: In the subject of the email add the following code QLDADMIN21 and your full name. Applications not including this code may not be correctly processed.
Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at [email protected].
Please include a well written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us.
Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities. We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Thursday 27 May 2021. View full job description here.