Operations Coordinator - Fixed Term
Reports to: Operations Manager, Concerts
Location of Job: Zetland on Gadigal land
Appointment type: Fixed Term Contract until 3 December 2021
Musica Viva’s Mission
Musica Viva inspires through ensemble music of quality, diversity, challenge and joy.
Purpose of position
This role provides administrative and touring (or tour management) support to the activity of the operations department, specifically in the areas of the Australian Concert Series (ACS), Discover Musica Viva (Digital Live Streams) and any other concert event as delivered by the Operations dept.
This position sits within the Operations Department and reports to the Operations Manager. It has close working relationships with state managers, plus the Concerts and Communities, Marketing, Development and administration departments of the company.
Duties and responsibilities
Tour and program coordination
The purpose of the role is to assist the Operations Manager in tour management and program administration throughout the year. The role has specific responsibility for administration and artist liaison for nominated tours and supports the operational delivery of any other concert activity as required.
Activities will include:
1.1 Organising travel arrangements for artists engaged for the Australian Concert Series, and other activities. Travel arrangements may encompass flights, accommodation, car hire, catering, stage decoration, occasional freight bookings and other ground transport arrangements as required.
1.2 Liaising with artists and/or agents on specifics of tour / concert arrangements
1.3 Liaising with the Special Projects and Regional Touring Project Officer and Manager, Emerging Artists program on contextualising activity arranged for ACS tours
1.4 Preparation and distribution of itineraries for artists on tour, and managing rehearsal and logistic schedules, as required.
1.5 Preparing and distributing staging and technical requirements for the concert venue/s and liaising with outside companies (including ABC Classic FM for recording and broadcasting concerts) as necessary for the concert’s stage presentation.
1.6 Acting as artist liaison for MVA throughout the year as required, including;
- Arrival and departure of artists at airports
- Travelling with artists to ACS centres or other concert locations.
- Accompanying artists to PR, masterclasses and other tour activities as required.
- Liaising with and communicating MVA requirements with venue staff to ensure all necessary onstage, backstage and technical arrangements are in place at performance venues.
- Assisting local MVA staff with FOH pre and post-concert activity as required.
1.7 Assisting with the coding of invoices and the maintaining of tour 'Actuals' reports.
1.8 Coordinating visa requirements and applications for any international artists if required. Keeping up to date with changing interstate and international travel restrictions and quarantine requirements, as applicable to ACS touring.
1.9 Monitoring, in liaison with the accounts department, all necessary artist fees and external supplier invoices (including venue charges) to ensure that they are submitted and processed for payment as per contracts.
1.10 Coordinating all accommodation requirements for artists and maintaining relations with accommodation providers in conjunction with Sponsorship Managers across the year. Maintaining the records for this activity for reporting purposes.
1.11 Assisting the Operations Manager and Director of Operations in the creation and maintenance of year summary documents.
2.1 Stage managing the Australian Concert Series concerts in Sydney and other venues as required.
2.2 Being in attendance at any required rehearsal periods to assist with the running of concerts.
2.3 In addition to the duties outlined above, the position holder may also be required to perform such other duties as may be directed, provided these are within his/her competency or training from time to time (appropriate time in lieu and/or additional payment to be agreed prior to any additional work).
Organisational Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain healthy work relationships with volunteers and other staff members.
- Attend meetings as required. • Contribute to regular and ongoing quality improvement and funder-required accreditation activities.
- Participate in professional and performance development activities and remain up-to-date on current knowledge and skills related to the position.
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and for the health and safety of anyone else who may be affected by their acts or omissions at the workplace.
- Hold a valid Working with Children Check. MVA will cover the cost of obtaining or renewing the check.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, confidentiality and cultural awareness when dealing with others.
- Adhere to workplace policies, procedures and systems, as amended from time to time, in particular those that address workplace health and safety, anti-discrimination, bullying and harassment and privacy.
- Contribute to the overall well-being of the organisation and avoid participation in any activity that might be harmful to the good operation, health, or reputation of the organisation.
- In addition to the duties outlined above, the position holder is also required to perform such other duties as may be directed, provided these are within his/her competency or training from time to time.
Competencies and experience of positiion holder
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Experience in tour administration, concert presentation, and artist liaison
- Availability to tour interstate for extended periods multiple times during the year
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines under pressure, with accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail • Outstanding oral, written communication and interpersonal skills, including effective negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate, work in a team and establish strong working relationships with multiple external and internal stakeholders
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Full current driver’s license
- A music background or appreciation and knowledge of music
- Previous touring experience
- Stage management experience
- Experience with Tessitura (or similar) CRM database
To apply: Send your resume and a letter (maximum 2 pages) introducing yourself and addressing the essential and desirable qualities detailed above to [email protected]
Note: In the subject of the email add the following code OPSCON21. Applications not including this code may not be correctly processed. Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at [email protected]
Please include a well written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us. Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion.
We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities. We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Sunday 21 March 2021