back to Employment
Musica Viva is seeking an experienced and talented marketing professional to join the Sales and Marketing team. This role is responsible for planning and implementing effective marketing strategies aimed at maximising ticket sales and subscriptions for Musica Viva’s Concerts program, including International Concert Season (national concert tours), Coffee Concerts (Sydney and Melbourne), and the biennial Musica Viva Festival (Sydney).
The position reports to the Senior Marketing Manager, who in turn reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing. Although directly accountable to the Senior Marketing Manager, the role works closely with Director of Artistic Planning, National Audience Engagement Manager and the State Managers, to ensure that Concert marketing strategies are effective nationwide. The position manages the Marketing Coordinator and works closely with the Box Office team, Database Marketing Manager, and team members across PR and communications, digital marketing and social media functions to ensure campaigns are fully integrated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing Team Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the Senior Marketing Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing, plan and implement effective single ticket marketing campaigns, and associated advertising, direct marketing, print collateral and digital and online promotion.
- Project management and execution of the annual subscription campaign and the biennial Musica Viva Festival marketing campaign, including brochure production and mailing, digital and print promotion, negotiation of associated music licensing for CDs and digital downloads, and execution of acquisition and retention strategies.
- Work with agency suppliers and printers to ensure the most cost-effective and timely outcomes for marketing campaigns.
- Contribute to audience development strategies in conjunction with the National Audience Engagement Manager and Senior Marketing Manager.
- Develop post-campaign reports and analyse marketing campaign strategies and provide recommendations to achieve budgeted income levels.
- Manage and build relationships with concert venues and arts industry stakeholders ensuring Musica Viva concerts are promoted effectively and relationships are leveraged to the full.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Marketing Manager, manage budgets for single ticket and subscription campaign activity.
- Assist in keeping abreast of new marketing developments and programs implemented by other organisations and industries, and undertake competitive analysis where relevant.
- Under the guidance of the Database Marketing Manager and Patron Services Manager (Box Office), leverage the Tessitura CRM and box office system to gain customer insights, design direct marketing campaigns and inform marketing campaigns more broadly.
- In conjunction with the National Audience Engagement Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing, manage market research activity including post-concert audience surveys.
- Management of the Marketing Coordinator and any intern staff as appropriate.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE OF POSITION HOLDER
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following skills, talents and experience:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in marketing, preferably in the arts or entertainment industries
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or other related discipline or comparable work experience.
- Experience in direct marketing, including briefing and overseeing creative development, strategy and post-campaign analysis.
- Financial and analytical skills to effectively manage budgets and measure campaign success.
- Highly motived, energetic and enthusiastic professional
- Ability to collaborate, work in a team and communicate with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective negotiation skills.
- Eye for detail and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure, with accuracy and efficiency.
- Some knowledge of classical music and desire to work in the arts industry
To apply: Send your resume and a letter of application addressing the competency and experience requirements to [email protected].