Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location of Job: Sydney
Appointment type: Permanent full time
Musica Viva’s Mission
Musica Viva (MVA) exists to make Australia a more musical place. We are Australia’s largest presenter of chamber music and a leader in the provision of music education in the classroom.
Are you committed to bringing music education to every child?
That’s our mission and we’re looking for an experienced education expert to join us in achieving our goals.
Musica Viva in Schools (MVIS) has dedicated over 35 years bringing interactive, dynamic and culturally diverse groups to schools all over Australia. These transformative experiences are backed by extensive teaching resources and professional development opportunities.
We are seeking a new Director of Education to continue broadening our reach and deepening the impact of MVIS programs.
As Director of Education, you will be passionate about engaging teachers, schools, musicians, government, businesses and philanthropic stakeholders in MVIS programs from both an artistic and educational perspective. In close collaboration with your team, colleagues around the country and the artistic and executive leadership of the organisation, you will be committed to planning and delivering a high-quality, inclusive and accessible MVIS program whilst also exploring new and exciting education offerings aligned with current and emerging trends in education.
To be successful in this role you will be credited by colleagues and stakeholders as having the following skills and experience:
• Understanding of, and ability to persuasively express, the evidence base underpinning the impact of music education.
• Senior management experience in music education, particularly in program and/or policy design and implementation.
• Proven ability to successfully implement vision and business strategies from inception to conclusion including the capacity to effectively initiate, steer and implement change.
• A demonstrated understanding of business development and relationship management and the proven ability to increase community and brand awareness.
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a diverse team including proven ability to provide meaningful feedback and coaching for success/improvement.
• Eligibility for a Working with Children check.
• A background or training in music (desirable).
To apply: Send your resume and a letter of application addressing the position requirements to [email protected]. Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at [email protected]
Please include a detailed covering letter addressing the position requirements, as applications lacking a cover letter may not be considered.
Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse cultural and regional communities. We also welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Sunday 6 October 2019