Musica Viva’s Mission
Musica Viva inspires through ensemble music of quality, diversity, challenge and joy.
Purpose of position
The Database Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of the Tessitura CRM database.
The position reports to the Ticketing & CRM Manager and sits within the marketing team. The position works closely with the Marketing, Development, IT, Finance and Education departments to monitor, guide and support their use of Tessitura.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage and maintain the database, Tessitura, to ensure that Musica Viva is maximizing opportunities for its use. This will include:
• Facilitate database system upgrades managed by Tessitura, project-manage database developments and improvements and provide day-to-day support to staff
• Developing reports using SQL Server for data analysis and to track sales trends and financials for the concerts, education and development teams.
• Extracting lists for development and marketing campaigns.
• Managing customer data to minimize duplicates, import data from third party ticket sellers, and data hygiene.
• Participate in Tessitura user groups to discuss ongoing issues and user requests
2. Manage and maintain the business applications that integrate/intersect with Tessitura, including:
• Musica Viva’s online ticketing platform used for concert subscriptions, single tickets, education bookings and donations (in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Manager)
• Wordfly – email and survey deployment utility
• T-STATs analytics
• Dashboard analytics
3. Stakeholder liaison. Work with the marketing, development, education, box office, IT and finance teams to ensure best practice outcomes using Tessitura.
4. Staff training to ensure all users are skilled in using the Tessitura functions which affect their work.
5. Ensure accuracy of all data and reporting from Tessitura.
6. Document processes and procedures related to Tessitura.
7. Actively contribute to Musica Viva's PCI and data privacy compliance policies to ensure that the company's systems remain compliant with relevant legislation and customer expectation.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE OF POSITION HOLDER
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
• A minimum of two years’ experience in database management or box office/ticketing, preferably Tessitura.
• Demonstrated ability to manage day to day CRM/database operations, including database maintenance, user policies and training, and the development of reports, lists and extraction sets for database users across the business.
• Knowledge of SQL programming.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, particularly around customer databases and CRM in a B2C setting.
• Project and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills to engage with internal and external stakeholders.
• Eye for detail and a demonstrated ability to work under pressure, with accuracy and efficiency.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
• Tertiary qualifications in information technology or related subject areas.
• An interest in the performing arts/music/music education.
To apply: Send your resume and a letter of application addressing the position requirements to [email protected] Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers on (02) 8394 6613.
Please include a covering letter as applications without a cover letter addressing the position requirements will not be considered.
Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse cultural and regional communities. We also welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Monday 31 December 2018