Reports to: Artistic Administrator and Manager, Special Projects and Regional Touring
Location of Job: Zetland on Gadigal land
Appointment type: Permanent full-time
MUSICA VIVA’S MISSION
Musica Viva inspires through ensemble music of quality, diversity, challenge and joy.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To support the activities of the Department through reliable, accurate and timely administration and logistics.
The position reports to the Artistic Administrator and also Manager Special Projects and Regional Touring and works closely with Director of Concerts and Communities and team, the Operations department, and other areas as required.
Key responsibilities (see Position Description for a list of all duties):
- Assist and support the Artistic Administrator and Manager, Special Projects and Regional Touring Manager in their work with artists and their agents and related personnel (speakers, composers, etc).
- Coordinate the printing, binding, autographing and distribution of commissioned scores and premiere recordings to the Development department, composer, and MVA Library.
- Manage the collection and collation of materials for concert annotations and materials for preconcert speakers.
- Coordinate the collation and proofing of material for concert guides and other publications as required.
SPART (Special Projects and Regional Touring)
- Assist and support the Manager, Special Projects and Regional Touring in their work with artists and their agents and related personnel (presenters, venues, etc).
- Ensure all necessary travel arrangements are made for SPART Concerts and events to take place including preparation and issue of itineraries.
- Oversee the Regional Touring section of the Musica Viva website and update as necessary, in collaboration with the Manager SPART.
- Assist and support budget and schedule planning
- Process invoices and record expenditure.
- Collect and collate publicity, recordings and concert-related materials on the touring groups and composers,
- Co-ordinate repertoire records for the Concerts and SPART projects, and with the Accountant on preparation of the annual APRA return, and for end of year acquittals and the Annual Report.
- Coordinate the department’s own logistics and travel requirements.
Qualities that will make you successful in this role
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- Tertiary qualification in classical music or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with demonstrated attention to detail
- Understanding of operational planning and event management, ideally in a performance context
- Administration experience with experience in the range of office software applications
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in supporting artists to perform at their best
- Interest in chamber music
- Understanding of regional arts in Australia
- Current driver’s licence
To apply: Send your resume and a letter (maximum 2 pages) introducing yourself and addressing the essential and desirable qualities detailed above to [email protected] Note: In the subject of the email add the following code COCO21. Applications not including this code may not be correctly processed. Inquiries regarding the role can be made by contacting HR Director Sarah Vickers by email at [email protected]
Please include a well written and appropriately detailed covering letter, as applications lacking appropriate information may not be considered. Please ensure the application is sent straight to our jobs email address with the correct job code quoted in the email subject line. Do not apply via recruitment portals, as your application may not reach us. Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion.
We welcome applications from First Nations people and people from diverse cultural and regional communities. We welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.
Applications close: 6pm Sunday 21 March 2021