Reports to: Deputy CEO and Education Manager
Location of Job: Melbourne
Appointment type: Permanent part-time
This is a part time opportunity and we're looking for someone who can be available for 22.5 hours per week. We can be flexible about days and times as long as you can be flexible as well to help us on concert nights.
This part time role reports jointly to the Deputy CEO and Education Manager and works closely with the Senior Development Manager, Education and Emerging Artist Coordinator, National Office Marketing Team and volunteers/interns.
The position is expected to develop and sustain effective relationships with stakeholders in the delivery of all Musica Viva programs in Victoria.
This job has a little bit of everything. You will be providing coordination for the administration and marketing of Musica Viva concerts programs in Victoria, support and coordination for the Victorian office, and assisting in devising strategies to promote Musica Viva as an organisation, with a particular focus on the company’s Education, Regional Touring and Artist Development portfolios.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying and coordinating cross-promotional activity for concerts and masterclasses.
- Coordinating storytelling about MVA projects.
- Being the go-to person supporting the team's operational and administrative requirements.
- Coordinating guest ticket requests and RSVPs for concerts and masterclasses.
- Providing logistical support for stakeholder events.
- Being the primary coordinator of our Tessitura database, including data entry, list extraction, and assistance to other users (training provided).
- Supporting the marketing of our Musica Viva in Schools programs including telemarketing, email campaigns and other promotional activity.
- Responding to phone and email enquiries from teachers and musicians regarding Musica Viva in Schools programs and concerts.
- Helping to coordinate the scheduling and logistics of Musica Viva in Schools concerts and main stage regional touring itineraries.
- Coordinating the Musica Viva In Schools evaluation activities and compiling reports as needed.
A bit about the person we are seeking (essential selection criteria):
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in, and enthusiasm for, effective administration.
Additionally, we think you will be successful in this role if you possess the following qualities:
- An innovative and imaginative disposition with an appreciation for the arts.
- An understanding of the media landscape in Australia (media knowledge/experience desirable)
- Some exposure to marketing or demonstrated understanding of marketing fundamentals
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A confident and articulate telephone manner together with excellent listening skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service and understanding of customer and stakeholder relationship management.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under supervision and self-manage.
- Ability to use or be trained in using a CRM (customer relationship management) database (training in Tessitura will be provided).
Working for Musica Viva
Our people enjoy the following benefits at MVA:
- Flexible and supportive environment with a mix of office and remote working
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities (including in Tessitura CRM database)
- Complimentary tickets to all Musica Viva performances
To apply for this role, please write to [email protected] com.au with:
- Cover letter
- Response to the essential criteria as listed in the position description (no more than 1 page).
Please ensure your application meets the key requirements as outlined above.
Early applications encouraged. Closing date 6pm Monday 11 January 2021.
Inquiries about the role can be made by email to Sarah Vickers HR Director at [email protected].
Musica Viva is a family friendly and flexible employer committed to equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse cultural and regional communities. We also welcome applications from people who identify as having a disability. If at any stage of the recruitment process you require any accommodation due to a disability please let us know.